Solved Thoughts for a new motherboard.

I have an i7-10700 lga1200 cpu and want a nice simple one for my desktop application. Not a gamer. Use zags raid 1 + 0 for data storage and business needs. And in advance, thanks for your thoughts.

I purchased a new MSI Z590 Pro WIFI lightening pro motherboard and an LGA 1200 i7-10700k cpu. Installed 13.0, carried out the FreeBSD-updates and installed Xorg, drm-kmod, and then added a new GeForce GT 1030 ZOTAC graphics card. Installing Mate and made the .xinitrc file with Cecil mate-session. Now for two long days have researched through the handbook, fourms etc… trying to solve this issue: (EE) Cannt run in framebuffer mode Please specify busIDs for all devices. I would like to post the output from the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, all I have work with is my iPhone. Moreover, I’ve installed in /etc/rc.conf - nvidia-driver-390 and added my username/ID to the group file. Any thoughts about resolving this issue woul be greatly appreciated.
PS: my intuition is kinda leaning towards the motherboard BIOS is an issue.

I purchased a new MSI Z590 Pro WIFI lightening pro motherboard and an LGA 1200 i7-10700k cpu. Installed 13.0, carried out the FreeBSD-updates and installed Xorg, drm-kmod, and then added a new GeForce GT 1030 ZOTAC graphics card. Installing Mate and made the .xinitrc file with exec mate-session. Now for two long days have researched through the handbook, fourms etc… trying to solve this issue: (EE) Cannt run in framebuffer mode Please specify busIDs for all devices. I would like to post the output from the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, all I have to work with is my iPhone. Moreover, I’ve installed in /etc/rc.conf - nvidia-driver-390 and added my username/ID to the group file. Any thoughts about resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
PS: my intuition is kinda leaning towards the motherboard BIOS is an issue.

Yes, the whole issue was with the BIOS. Buried deep in the BIOS GUI; I found that the video default was set for VGA! Disabled that setting and now I have video!!! Now I have to learn how to change the GeForce GT 1030 resolution from 1024x768 to 1680x1050.
Thanks for your time and support!

Back