Thinkpad X1 nano

Hello,
Has any one used FreeBSD with THINKPAD X1 NANO
I cannot find any info online about compatibility or what works whats not
there is couple of blog posts about OpenBSD but not FreeBSD

Hello,
Maybe you should see if there are drivers for each element.
For example, are there drivers for Wi-Fi Card and an audio card, and so on?

You may already know all of this stuff, but...

Is wired Ethernet with normal reliability and performance important to you while mobile?

'cause this is not something you're likely to achieve with this model.

The only (portable) wired Ethernet option on the X1 Nano is a USB-C to Ethernet dongle, and people often report problems with these. I tried several with my X1 Carbon 9th gen; none performed normally. See Can the throughput of an AX88179-based USB Ethernet adapter be improved?, if you feel like it.

Beyond being slow, the USB-C to Ethernet adapters I tried were also unreliable. They mysteriously lost their links from time to time, and I had to reload their driver modules to bring 'em back to life.

If you only care about wired Ethernet while stationary, one of the Lenovo Thunderbolt docking stations will provide that (for a pretty penny, like $200 to $400). Their Ethernet adapters show up as PCI-e devices through Thunderbolt, dodging the funky USB-to-Ethernet world altogether.

And just in case you may have forgotten about this, be prepared for really slow wireless networking performance with FreeBSD (even with the most known-working adapters).

No I just want to have a mobile device to use for internet browsing and reading and doing some casual scripting
as long as it can run freeBSD perfectly

No I just want to have a mobile device to use for internet browsing and reading and doing some casual scripting
as long as it can run freeBSD perfectly
Did you end up buying one? I just ordered a gen1 on ebay brand new using points and a gift card. Can't wait to get it.

Back