[ThinkPad T500] battery_ctrl.sh ?

On mMy FreeBSD 14 Lenovo ThinkPad T500 I use an extra script: battery_ctrl.sh (don't recall where I found but easy to find) that sets battery charge thresholds... seems to say it set minimum & maximum fine to 50% & 70%, but I'm unsure, because hardware may not be working; on Slackware 14 GNU/Linux, the equivalent TLP software script that sets battery charge thresholds says there's error and can't get battery information, so I wonder if something went wrong and maybe FreeBSD can't either but I didn't read battery_ctrl.sh output right? Someone on IRC told me there's certain software that shows information about devices I can check if battery information is working.
        I don't have T500 on because it's so old, and I wasn't sure battery charge thresholds were working, so I thought it's best to keep off until I figure out. If anyone is willing to help check/debug, I can turn it on and post script, but don't know what software the person on IRC meant or how to use, but if anyone knows I can turn try that also. The T500 has LibreBoot, which unfortunately got rid of some BIOS functionality (saving settings in GUI-like interface) which I don't know has to do with why battery charge thresholds maybe can't be set... setting them did work several years on LibreBoot.

Back