They said: “FreeBSD is Dying”. What is going on???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said: “FreeBSD is Dying”. What is going on???!

Alright, my English is basic, but the point is:

Seems like guys responsible for FreeBSD, or inside Core Development aren't worried about us, users of FreeBSD.

I just wonder why there's nobody who could at least talk about this critical moment (well, it seems to be)! Why nobody talks clearly about what's going on, what about the future of FreeBSD? FreeBSD is a cult!! Cannot disappears!! Come on!!

Problem is, folks from Linux distros are laughing, and having strange pleasures.

I believe that, we users of FreeBSD, we are all worried about some news like this one:

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?76208-FreeBSD-is-Dying

Peace!

Don't get trolled. That post starts out with the sensationalist article about how the Foundation had "fallen short", as if the year were over. Look at it now: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/.

The rest of that post is... let's just say "not reality-based." Although there are some really funny things it says.

Interesting how trolling benefits Phoronix.

Mr. drhowarddrfine, new people also have right to participate.

As a Member, you should give us good examples, and not criticize negatively. I wouldn't write same the same topic if I had noticed someone else did it before.

You just show us that you cannot be a mod.

Thank you anyway!

Peace.

I'd like to repeat something that may have been written here already in some other thread, I don't remember exactly if it was.

Freedom of speech means you can express your thoughts but also that other people can freely critisize what you said.

This is what Venn has to say about this (using my elite gimp skills)

phoronix.jpg

/thread && delete

Given that my Netapp runs a customized variant of FreeBSD, and that Juniper's entire product line runs a customized variant of FreeBSD, and the userland for OS X is largely FreeBSD, I think we're pretty safe for a while yet.

It sounds like he once tried to use FreeBSD because he thought it would be l33t haxx0r but failed to perform a proper install and set up some X-based environment. Bitter and unable to confront his own inability/ignorance he now holds a grudge against FreeBSD.

I would pick hardware just so that I can run FreeBSD properly. Even games like Eve Online run fine with some configuration. Not to mention the tons of benefits associated with the ports system, ZFS, GELI, a hier(7) that makes sense, great firewalls, great GNU/Linux emulation, etc., etc.

observer said:
Mr. drhowarddrfine, new people also have right to participate.

As a Member, you should give us good examples, and not criticize negatively. I wouldn't write same the same topic if I had noticed someone else did it before. .

As a new member, you should be careful when questioning the viability of the product all members of this board use after just a very few posts. Yes, you may have gotten caught up in the rash of equivalent posts here but they are irritating and a useless distraction.

As far as your comment about me being a mod, I've been a mod of two forums that you've heard of before and probably used so I'm familiar with these bursts of negativity and have developed a low tolerance for them. They usually serve no purpose and only repeat what's been said time and again as noted by others.

I've stopped watching Phoronix site a long time ago, just because many of their so called news stories were nothing more or less than troll stories just like this one.

Just take any week, from the past 3-4 years and you will find at least 2-3 trolling post just like this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back