The only video editing application that works on freebsd with gpu acceleration is openshot ....

The only video editing application that works on FreeBSD with GPU acceleration is openshot.
I wish shortcut and kdenlive could be used with GPU hardware acceleration on NVidia graphics cards, right now they are unstable.

Huh? There is no acceleration whatsoever with Nvidia.
You probably need to specify this more. Because x11/nvidia-driver does provide 2D and 3D hardware acceleration. You're probably referring to hardware accelerated codecs like H.264. Either that or you're referring to nv(4) which has some 2D acceleration but no 3D.

The mlt framework on openshot gives very good and fast performance , on openshot mlt works with no problems.
On shotcut and kdenlive when i try to enable gpu accelerated effects the application freezes or crashes .
Openshot on freebsd can do some pretty demanding tasks with many video tracks having 1080p background videos plus effects and i can preview them smoothly !
The only thing i miss from linux is to use these high performance effects on shotcut and kdenlive also bluetooth needs some tweaking and if i have a sound server like pulseaudio
i can't listen from the bluetooth headphones on the browser only from vlc and other video/audio players which it works fine.
K3B has some problems too but i can use brasero

Back