The Edit Avatar in user CP is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
I am attempting to assign an Avatar in the userCP > Edit Avatar But there is no way to use/assign an avatar.
Only a box with assign || clear selection. But there is nothing to assign, nor anything to
clear. Please repair the FreeBSD forum UserCP area.

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

P.S. I did do a search on this topic && read all the pre-requisites before making this post :)

It should be somewhere in the forum rules that a new member needs 10 days and 10 posts to be able to edit.
I'm guessing it's about avatar too. Just be patient for a little while.

Greetings zeiz, and thank you for your reply.

OMG! Really? WOW, that seems a bit extreme - no?

I hope that's not the case.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Best wishes.

OK I found this thread which indicates there is a 12 post pre-requisite for obtaining the add avatar privilege. I currently have 12 posts. But no ability to create/edit avatar.
What's going on?

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

zeiz said:
It should be somewhere in the forum rules that a new member needs 10 days and 10 posts to be able to edit.
I'm guessing it's about avatar too. Just be patient for a little while.
I don't get what's extreme about it. It's a minor annoyance not to be able to edit posts right off the bat, but avatars are a nicety; they are not necessary to impart or receive information about FreeBSD. Just take a chill pill for another 9 days.

Greetings carlton_draught, and thank you for the response.
OK Maybe extreme was too extreme, but it does seem a bit much. As for the
they are not necessary to impart or receive information about FreeBSD
It doesn't interfere with it either, and also provides for a better experience for new users, by allowing them to better "personalize", and "define" their freebsd forum identity.
While I think of it, I guess it's probably pointless to allow new-comers to have a "sig". :p

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Why don't you just take the time to read the information that's available instead of complaining about everything? You've been here for a couple of days, and already you're complaining about signatures, avatars, edit options, and sub-forums. Better adjust to how things work here, because it's not going to be the other way round.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back