Thanks!

Just wanted to throw out a huge, huge "thanks" to all the FreeBSD developers, support team, users, and all the rest who have contributed their time to this project.

I ditched Linux for FreeBSD three years ago and never looked back. This is everything I could possibly want in a server OS. Keep up the great work.

Hornpipe2 said:
Just wanted to throw out a huge, huge "thanks" to all the FreeBSD developers, support team, users, and all the rest who have contributed their time to this project.

My thoughts exactly. I stumbled upon FreeBSD through Linux "distrosearching" and I'm certainly impressed by its community and foundation. A review of FreeBSD 9 by the Linux Action Show made me more interested in this OS.

Hornpipe2 said:

I ditched Linux for FreeBSD three years ago and never looked back. This is everything I could possibly want in a server OS. Keep up the great work.

I switched three years ago too[](from Arch Linux in early 2010). FreeBSD made such an impression on me that I've used it to this day and never looked back.

I made a switch in October 2012, when someone dared me to install it. I did, and I have tasted the fruit. So far I, everything is perfect in the FreeBSD land, and quality control is on a much higher level than Linux (in my opinion)! Keep up the great work!

Debian user travels to FreeBSD!

Hi to all FreeBSD users and enthusiasts!

I am 48 years old, from Romania, Ploiesti city. 13 years of Linux and two days of FreeBSD on virtualbox/host Debian. I am using Linux at workplace of course here all people are using Windows and the server is Windows too, I hate this. Soon after backup I am going to switch to FreeBSD direct install, not on the virtual box.

I have done a lot of things in these two days (X.Org, GNOME, LibreOffice, etc.) with make install clean and pkg_add -r. Really, FreeBSD is the greatest and "RTFM" too. Thank you in advance for your help when I need it. The road has only one way: to FreeBSD. This is the final destination for me even I walk slowly.

May the source be with you. Have a lot of fun. Hacking the world.

All the best and kind regards.
Thank you to the FreeBSD forum board.

Back