Test quest for lang/dotnet

I actually build lang/dotnet today, for the 2024Q1 quarterly branch of the ports tree and 14.0-RELEASE. Had to compile misc/compat13x too. The first build of dotnet failed here too, I don't remember the error message, but it was something weird. I then just rerun the build and it completed successfully. Maybe if you rebuild it will work this time.

I have used it successfully to build Ryujinx today. It compiles, but doesn't run (still needs real porting work to be done ;)).

Do you use poudriere ?
No, I compile manually in the port directory (NO_DEPENDS=1 make package).

I copied the folders misc/compat13x and lang/dotnet from the latest port tree to my quarterly ports tree and added the directories to misc/Makefile and lang/Makefile.

I install build dependencies with this oneliner: pkg install $(make build-depends-list | cut -d/ -f4-).

I use Poudriere and have not had any success building lang/dotnet. It always errors out at the beginning of the build:

Code:
===>  Building for dotnet-8.0.0
cd /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/dotnet-8.0.0 && /usr/bin/env OPENSSLBASE=/usr OPENSSLDIR=/etc/ssl OPENSSLINC=/usr/include OPENSSLLIB=/usr/lib XDG_DATA_HOME=/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work  XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work  XDG_CACHE_HOME=/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/.cache  HOME=/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work TMPDIR="/tmp" PATH=/usr/local/libexec/ccache:/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/.bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/.pkgconfig:/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/libdata/pkgconfig MK_DEBUG_FILES=no MK_KERNEL_SYMBOLS=no SHELL=/bin/sh NO_LINT=YES DEFAULT_AUTOCONF=2.71 PREFIX=/usr/local  LOCALBASE=/usr/local  CC="cc" CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector-strong -fno-strict-aliasing "  CPP="cpp" CPPFLAGS=""  LDFLAGS=" -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib  -fstack-protector-strong " LIBS=""  CXX="c++" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-strict-aliasing  " CCACHE_DIR="/root/.ccache" BSD_INSTALL_PROGRAM="install  -s -m 555"  BSD_INSTALL_LIB="install  -s -m 0644"  BSD_INSTALL_SCRIPT="install  -m 555"  BSD_INSTALL_DATA="install  -m 0644"  BSD_INSTALL_MAN="install  -m 444" PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python3.9 ./build.sh  --release-manifest release.json  --clean-while-building  --with-sdk /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/bootstrap_sdk  --with-packages /wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/packages  --  -maxcpucount:1
Detected '--': passing remaining parameters '-maxcpucount:1' as build.sh arguments.
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x8007FF02
Using custom bootstrap SDK from '/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/dotnet/work/bootstrap_sdk', version ''
Found bootstrap SDK , bootstrap Arcade 8.0.0-beta.23516.4, bootstrap SourceLink 8.0.0-beta.23510.2
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x8007FF02
*** Error code 137

Stop.

Googling found that this is a wired memory error and the fix is to set allow.mlock = 1 in jail.conf. I am not sure how that would be done in Poudriere.

I have the same error. Tried other jail & poudriere.conf setting related to mlock but this did not worked. We will have to wait until it becomes stable.
Or enter a P.R. in bugzilla-freebsd.

Back