People need to move to v1.20 as soon as they can. The
synth install command regression is pretty signficant. This was supposed to be a pure enhancement release, but several bugs were found, including multiple issues with the
synth purge-distfiles command that could result in the entire distfiles directory in getting wiped out. So upgrade! (sorry)
ports-mgmt/synth: Upgrade version 1.11 => 1.20
This was meant to be a pure enhancement release to support the signing
of the repository, but there were some regressions brought in with
version 1.1x and also some long standing bugs found.
* Regression: Interactive test mode
Changing the TERM setting to "dumb" semi-broke the interactive shell
when ENTERAFTER is used with the test command. The fix was to set
TERM back to cons25 in this particular case.
* Regression (serious): install command
The improvement in speed of package validation for the rebuilding of
the repository resulted in a new bug that caused the "synth install"
command to install every port in the repository. It was caused by
reusing a container that I thought was available, but it turns out
that the "install" command still needed it.
* Bug: handle exception that occurred when Synth asked a question
when no TTY was attached. Running a command like "force" would result
in a question, and if Synth was running in a cron job or having args
piped to it via xargs, no terminal would be available and Synth would
throw an exception. Now in this case, Synth just assumes answer to
question is "No" and ends gracefully.
* Bug: purge-distfiles command would delete everything if any error was
encountered. It should have just stopped, which it does now.
* Bug: purge-distfiles container had a bug which prevented all the
distfiles from being stored, which caused removal of good distfiles.
* Bug: purge-distfiles container didn't check for duplicates, resulting
in unhandled exceptions. Now fixed, purge-distfiles command works now.
* Show version information on status commands. On the display, a symbol
of "N" (New), "R" (result), or "U" (upgrade) shows next to each line.
Additionaly for "U", the old version and new version are shown. The
same information is shown in the log, but in addition the actual
version for "N" and "R" categories is also listed.
* Test mode: Add filters from poudriere to prevent false test failures
with leftover and modified files. Mostly it involves files that get
modified, but it's okay so the MD5 check failures need ignoring
* Support signing repository with local RSA keys. Adjust man page with
two new FILES (public key and private key) along with an example on
how to generate those files.
* Support signing repository with external signing command and
fingerprints. Adjust man page with two more new FILES and an example
of how configure this feature.