"Spring Cleaning"

Have you ever started cleaning out the "computer closet/spares room", laid things out and ask yourself:

Why do I have 13 VGA cables, 9 DVI, 37 USB, 15 HDMI, 92 power cords, 3 PCI-E graphics cards, a handful of case fans, "what the heck is on these hard drives/CDs/DVDs, what does this RAM fit?"

That was me today and I still have a couple of cabinets to go through.

So if you need a cable, are in the US, ask me, it's yours.
Looks like I also have a couple Nvidia GeForce GT730 cards too. These work nicely with the nvidia-driver-470 from ports.
Seriously, if you're looking for something send me a message.

That's nice of you !
I kind of recognize myself in what you said 😄
Usually the situation for me is more "Where this thing is? I know it's somewhere in here but exactly where? that I can't tell"

Reactions: bjs
That's what started it (I know I had one of these things somewhere, now where is it?).
Wife talking about winding down her business so there are extra computers, monitors, got me started on what do I have where and realized I have stuff I've not used in a long time. Things like a US Robotics serial modem.

And to avoid anything misconceptions, I'm not selling anything. If you need something and are in US, I'll toss it in a USPS mailing thing and send it, all I ask is "pay it forward" if you can help someone else.

Things like a US Robotics serial modem.
If external most used null modem cable which can be quite handy even these days.

Same with APC.
Mine all managed by net now but those serial cables also are null modem and make great serial console cables....

I am still hording.
This week got CFast to USB 3 flavors (for RPI) a bunch of A/D gpio gadgets and some 1602LCD which were supposed to be 2004LCD...2 Rainbow ribbon cables for my GPIO connector case and something else....

I tend to stock up on adapters at tax refund time.

Mine all managed by net now but those serial cables also are null modem and make great serial console cables....
Agreed, but I found my RS232 breakout box complete with jumpers and dip switches so can mrig something up. I also don't have US POTS telephone anymore.

Oh I remember now.
I am on Display port to HDMI and DisplayPort to VGA kick.
Mini DisplayPort to VGA and Mini DP to HDMI.
TrippLite takes the day.

HDMI is so finicky. With the handshake and encrytion whats a poor embedded board to do...

I have found that many USB Phone cords make great console cables for ARM boards too.
Glad I stuffed them in an old phone drawer.
I have evolution of the flip phone museum drawer.

Oh I remember now.
I am on Display port to HDMI and DisplayPort to VGA kick.
Mini DisplayPort to VGA and Mini DP to HDMI.
TrippLite takes the day.

HDMI is so finicky. With the handshake and encrytion whats a poor embedded board to do...
Yep ran across a bunch of adaptors for video too.

Anyway, if anyone has a need for something I may have let me know.

Back