Spam report delay

Hello admins,

Most of the time, spammers strike in several threads and we need to wait 60 seconds before being able to report another one.

Could the delay be lowered from 60 seconds to say 30 seconds between reports.
I doubt they'll spam mods/admins inboxes using spam reports. That would be like committing suicide.

Thanks.

I haven't seen more than 1 spammer at time on this forum...
once you report spam, moderators can/will automatically delete all spammers ports.

no need to extend delay....

I'm not talking about the number of spammers at one time, but about the number of spam messages 1 spammer can post.
The "Report Post" button reports on a post-basis, not a user basis. Are we not supposed to report *every single* spam post?

A few hours ago I reported 3 posts, in 3 different threads by the same spammer. Weeks ago, I've seen a dozen messages being posted by the same spammer all over the forum.

Decreasing the delay won't hurt anyone but the spammers. It'll allow us to report all spam posts faster, keep the forum spam-free for a longer time and ease mods work.

Just my opinion.

In fact, when a spam is reported and the spammer is subsequently nuked, all of his posts vanish at the same time. So when you see 10 posts by the same spammer, reporting each and every one of them is not strictly necessary.

Dutch is that a custom hack in VB? as the forum i helped run we had to go through the posts manually and remove them or from the users activity list.

I think it's a regular setting. When applying punitive action against a spam post, there's a checkbox to delete all posts by the same user and an option to ban him. All in one go.

I think it might be something new as I never saw that option, that or the owner locked out that option he was really really weird about what he gave the admins.

You mean you're an Administrator at another vBulletin forum and you never saw such an option? (Your post in confusing).

It's called ``Delete posts as spam''.

We don't have that option for each users posts, I asked the owner and he has told me it's disabled because he dose not want any one abusing it there was a issue of a moderator abusing his powers and banning some members with a few thousand posts.

saxon3049 said:
We don't have that option for each users posts, I asked the owner and he has told me it's disabled because he dose not want any one abusing it there was a issue of a moderator abusing his powers and banning some members with a few thousand posts.

No way, it only limited to 50 posts. If member has more than 50+ post only admin user (not mods) can delete all post.

Back