Spacewalk for FreeBSD

I've the necessity to manage easily the package and the related configurations files for a lot of 10.2 FreeBSD servers that typically host Java or PHP applications.

I've seen for CentOs and RedHat the Spacewalk software and it work very good for these OS. There is something similar for FreeBSD?

Sorry for my bad English, I don't know if this is the correct location to post this. I will move it if it's the bad one.

I work with ansible for massive changes of configuration files on a large number of hosts, but i will searching for a software that can help me to monitoring the status of installed package on my servers and they have all security packages installed and all configuration files are align on the servers that run php for php configuration, java for the servers that run java and so on...

For starters I'd make sure you have set up a local repository. Make sure all your machines use this repository and only that repository. That will make sure everything uses the same packages and versions.

For starters I'd make sure you have set up a local repository. Make sure all your machines use this repository and only that repository. That will make sure everything uses the same packages and versions.
Yes, I've already configured the local repository but for checking the alignment of the configuration? What could I try?

Never used Ansible but I do use a lot of Puppet. With Puppet there's really no need to check, it forces the configuration as I've set it up. So it either works, or not.

Never used Ansible but I do use a lot of Puppet. With Puppet there's really no need to check, it forces the configuration as I've set it up. So it either works, or not.
You convinced me to try Puppet! I will try it tomorrow. Thank you very much for the hint!

Both Puppet and Chef are quite similar, never used Chef myself though.

Back