Something wrong with 9.0 RC Sparc64 iso?

Hi,

I have tried to install both RC1 and RC2 of FreeBSD 9.0 but both times it fails during checksum check.

I get
Code:
The checksum for base.txz does not match. It may have become corrupted, and should be re downloaded.

Something I did a couple of time, also controlling the MD5 sum of the download and verification of the burned DVD.
But every time the same thing.

Anyone who have managed to install on sparc64?

All the best.
/Christer

Does it happen on the same place each time you try? Or does it happen randomly?

I've had a similar issue once on an i386 machine, the install would randomly die during an untar and the machine turned out to have bad memory.

It happen on the same place each time I try.

I managed to start the installation by using boot only and network installation. However the installation could not finished, it freeze at the step where you enter root password. But that is another story.

Will wait until 9.0 is out.

Thank you.

I am attempting to boot the FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-sparc64-bootonly.iso from the CDROM drive on a Sun Ultra 5. The loader menu comes up but when I attempt to boot the kernel the Ultra 5 system immediately generates the "Fast data access MMU miss" error and returns to the OBP ok> prompt. Might anyone else have worked the same or a similar problem with 9.0-RELEASE?

Might there perhaps be some problem with the kernel for sparc64 included in 9.0-RELEASE?
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/sparc64-164123-Kernel-fails-to-boot-on-Sun-Ultra-5-td5145219.html

Back