Some WINE and Suyimazu success. Need help with the next steps

I can no longer state that I have been fully unsuccessful in getting anything to run in WINE. I'm not sure what I did different this time, but I have gotten two games to run with WINE and GOG Galaxy to run through Suyimazu. I had completely uninstalled all WINE ports and configuration files, started over from scratch with the installed packages from Latest, and installed Suyimazu.

The two games I got to work are ETLegacy and DeusEx GOTY (downloaded from GOG). DeusEx is working flawlessly (so far, I didn't test too much) and ETLegacy is fully working with the exception of frequent static in the sound. I installed the Revision mod for DeusEx, but it crashes right after it goes to the screen.

GOG Galaxy looks like it would be promising to use as my game library there is almost all older titles. I installed it with Suyimazu without any issues, but when I attempt to download a game, it gives me a server error, without any explanation.

Since I have never had any success running programs in WINE before, I really don't have a good idea of where to go to tweak things to improve the audio in ETLegacy or to get Revision mod for DeusEx to work.

What I have done in the system up to this point is install emulators/wine and games/suyimazu, and ran the installer script for 32 bit wine. ETLegacy and DeusEx were installed simply with wine installfile.exe.

My three issues that I want to resolve and need help with are:
1. Static in ETLegacy audio.
2. Revision Mod crashing at startup
3. GOG Galaxy server error and not downloading any games.

Any help, guidance, or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I've had a little bit of progress in ETLegacy and DX Revision.
Using the latest Wine-Proton, DX Revision is working without issue. Yay! One more game I can play without having to boot into Windows.

ET Legacy - I used winetricks and set the default windows version to XP. This resolved the audio issue, but apparently the game is being ran in 64 bit, as the particular mods on my preferred server to play on are 32 bit only and do not work. I need to figure out how to run this in a 32 bit wine environment.

My three issues that I want to resolve and need help with are:
1. Static in ETLegacy audio.
2. Revision Mod crashing at startup
3. GOG Galaxy server error and not downloading any games.

Any help, guidance, or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Start with Installing Suyimazu, then from inside Suyimazu install WINE and install Steam. You can enable "logging" of Suyimazu and record playing a game and having it crash. Send this Report back to Alexander88207. https://codeberg.org/Alexander88207/Suyimazu
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cal4Mx6Zv-0
Robonuggie 6 minute video about Suyimazu
https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/sw98m3/say_hello_to_suyimazu/ Reddit post relating to Suyimazu

http://puppylinux-or-pcbsd.blogspot.com/2022/02/suyimazu-gaming-with-steam-on-ghostbsd_6.html 37 minute video explaining Suyimazu

I've recently been testing some games in Suyimazu. These are some of the games I have tested that work. I've used several different system and gpus for testing. But I'll add them to codeberg soon.

Half Life 2

Half Life 2 Episode 1

Half Life 2 Episode 2

Half Life

Half Life Source

Half Life Blue Shift

Half Life Opposing Force

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Hitman Contracts

Hitman Absolution

Killing Floor

Left 4 Dead 2

Portal

Portal 2

Rochard

Team Fortress 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Metro Exodus

Serious Sam 3 BFE

Lego Batman

Lego Batman 2

Lego Batman 3

Jelly Killer

Amnesia The Dark Descent

Airscape The Fall of Gravity

I'll be testing more and I'll make sure to note all the important details on codeberg.

LibreQuest, thank you for your testing and reporting efforts on using Suyimazu, Wine, SteamOS for game testing on FreeBSD. That is quite a long list of games that do work.
Others can send their Gaming Reports (works fine, here is setup, here is error & logging report) back to Alexander88207. https://codeberg.org/Alexander88207/Suyimazu
I've not had a chance to add my test data yet. I'm on over 75 games that work on one machine right now. After I have tested my entire library I will add my test data. I will then test on other hardware. When the tests are complete I will add that test data as well.

It's a rather long process I'm doing a bulk testing on slow Internet connection. I have two days a week I can download and test so it may take a while. I have over 260 games in my steam library. Currently I also have around 20 that do not work on the test hardware I'm currently testing with. But it may be a limitation of the hardware. One title I have tested on two separate machines is metro Exodus and it works on one but not the other. This may be the case for several titles.

I've not had a chance to add my test data yet. I'm on over 75 games that work on one machine right now. After I have tested my entire library I will add my test data. I will then test on other hardware. When the tests are complete I will add that test data as well.

It's a rather long process I'm doing a bulk testing on slow Internet connection. I have two days a week I can download and test so it may take a while. I have over 260 games in my steam library. Currently I also have around 20 that do not work on the test hardware I'm currently testing with.
That's a type of process to automate (in any sense of the word) or share with others on some standardized way who have that interest. Maybe with some way of getting multiple verifications, and tallying the number of people who say a game works.

Maybe save the tasks you're interested on for yourself, then have others test specific hardware and types of games.

That's a type of process to automate (in any sense of the word) or share with others on some standardized way who have that interest. Maybe with some way of getting multiple verifications, and tallying the number of people who say a game works.

Maybe save the tasks you're interested on for yourself, then have others test specific hardware and types of games.
The aforementioned codeberg.org page has a shared testing of games data page. I am simply testing what I have to post in addition to current test data. And I plan to repeat the same testing with linux-steam-utils across a wide variety of hardware. Automating it would make the testing no fun for me. It's something I really enjoy. 😀

Back