Some weired issues between wireless and wired USB mice

I’ve just this morning (at UTC+8) got a wired USB mouse, and is perfectly run on FreeBSD 12-STABLE and 12.1-RELEASE
A few wireless USB mice, on the other hand, even after having recovered the system from the kernel bugs, but both wireless ones still aren’t run as my expectancies
(But ahead my own kernel bugs which got my system crashed, those wireless mice WERE being run)
open.cam.20200828_144110.jpg

What kind of wireless mice? A wireless mouse with a 2.4Ghz dongle works exactly the same as a wired one. For all intents and purposes the 'wireless' part is completely transparent from the OS's point of view, it's just a USB mouse, nothing more. What I would call "fancy" mice are a different matter, these mice have more than the standard number of buttons and/or wheels. Typically programmable or customizable with supplied software. Those can be problematic, but that's not related to being wireless or not.

FWIW, my wireless “Logitech MX Ergo” works perfectly well with FreeBSD + Xorg, including additional buttons (mapped to forward and backward in the browser) and a scroll wheel that can be tilted sideways for horizontal scrolling in Chrome, for example. It required a small amount of trial&error with the configuration, but then it works surprisingly well.

Ok, now we know that your mouse looks like a Lamborghini, but we still don't know what's the exact issue, except you've done some kernel hacking, which makes you a likeable person...

Back