Solved ??!

Hi,

Hope you don't get me wrong but just wondering that so many of my post are going to be marked with the "Solved" prefix. Normally it would be fine but almost each of these post contains no solution because there is no solution.

I just realized that it is very confusing as I was searching for an other problem in forum and found lot of post with similar problems which has been marked as "solved" so I was very happy because I was expecting to find solution in this post. Unfortunately most of these solutions was that the user simple gave up :( and because of this his post has been marked as "solved".

Maybe it would be better to mark it as "closed" or something similar?

Best regards,
Radek

'Closed' would be just that: closed. You can't add anything to a thread once it's fully closed. This usually happens when a fight breaks out or moronity rules. Threads get 'solved' when they're either solved (duh) or when they're 'out of steam' (no new insights posted, no new solutions expected, "because there is no solution", etc.) or even unsolvable (what is proposed is never going to happen or highly unlikely). It's just a way of focusing efforts on threads that are actively unfolding and need eyeballs. It may not be perfect, but it's what we have.

DutchDaemon said:
'Closed' would be just that: closed. You can't add anything to a thread once it's fully closed.

Right, didn't thought about it.
It's just a matter of habit I think.

I agree with Radek here. If a thread is tagged [solved] then I would expect that it contains a solution.
Why not just _not_ tag threads that do not have a solution. Threads have a tendency to get pushed down the queue when no one is interested in them.

Radek its not mark thread containing solution. This means threads is no longer actual for topicstarter

Alt said:
Radek its not mark thread containing solution. This means threads is no longer actual for topicstarter

I understand what it does it here means but usually in most other forums a topic with "solved" prefix contains the solution so it's just a bit confusing.

But as I wrote before - not a really big thing. ;)

Back