Solved [Solved] Zpool upgrades, mutiple boot environments

I have a spare workstation which I use for testing and such. Since it is used for testing I make heavy use of boot environments using sysutils/beadm. I track 10-STABLE on this workstation. I normally create a new BE, test, and then destroy the new BE when finished. Today I upgraded the base system with svnlite like usual and was informed there was an update for new zpool features available. I upgraded fine, but realized if I am using multiple boot environments and want to keep them all intact and boot-able, what would be the correct way to update the pool to use the new features? The man pages and documentation I've read haven't been clear to me or I'm just not understanding on how I would proceed with this. Appreciate any insight.

Re: Zpool upgrades, mutiple boot environments

Make sure all your boot environments are compatible with the new features. If you have some older environments it'll be better not to upgrade the pool or you risk losing access. If they all support it it shouldn't be a problem to upgrade the pool, it only has to be done once (not on every boot environment).

Back