Solved [Solved] Using FreeBSD 8.4 installer thumbstick . ntfs

Hi, I need to mount my USB external hard drive that uses the NTFS file system. Yes, I have used both commands which are mount -t ntfs /dev/da2s1 /mnt and mount_ntfs /dev/da2s1 /mnt.

Both commands spits out
Code:
/dev/da2s1 is not a file or a directory
So, it then just fails to load anything. I did Google search the problem and issues. However, others have been talking more about a working running system. They would give instructions to install the NTFS driver and how to make configuration changes to automatically at boot load the driver. However, I found no one talking about a USB thumbdrive trying to mount an NTFS file system with the fixit feature in the installation USB installer.

I just want to add that yes, da2s1 does exist. I used this command: ls /dev/. It will show da2s1 inside the directory. From doing a search on the forums here I found something saying I need to manually load the NTFS module by doing this: kldload-ing ntfs.ko. So, I need to know if I have to do this and if so how would I do this? Is there any walk-through?

Re: Using FreeBSD 8.4 installer thumbstick to use fixit... n

Just letting you guys know that it's been solved. I had to manually load in the NTFS module for the kernel. I had to load it from my server's hard drive rather than the flash drive. Everything ended up working.

Back