Solved [SOLVED] USB Mouse not detected on all ports

Just wanted to give feedback to others about how I got my USB mouse working on a particular port.

Just installed 10 RELEASE on my Asus X201E (sub-netbook). Everything was working well except my USB mouse would not work in the right hand side USB port. It worked in both my left hand side ports, but since I use my right hand for mouse it was not convenient. I never tried any other sort of USB device, that was going to be my next move, but I got it fixed.

I fixed it by entering BIOS and turning off (i) Legacy USB support and (ii) XHCI pre-boot mode. The later being the one that got it working. It seems that neither of these options have negative impact. The only difference being that the mouse doesn't work until the kernel has booted. But who needs mouse in the Boot menu anyway?

That's one more problem solved. Next for my suspend/resume. Currently it will suspend but not resume.

I had to compile Xorg, libdri, libdrm, and xf86 drivers with the WITH_NEW_XORG=yes and WITH_GALLIUM=yes in my /etc/make.conf to get the new KMS intel driver working. It works very well, I can't see any noticeable performance drop from Linux. In fact, there may be less tearing in video. Could Xorg work better in FreeBSD than Linux.......?

So far I'm loving 10, especially the new installer and bsdconfig.

Back