Solved [Solved] Upgrade KDE 4.9.3 to 4.10. - QT4 related issues

Hi, I just upgraded KDE 4 from 4.9.3 to 4.10. Now, when when I try to run any KDE apps, such as - Konsole, Dolphin etc., I get a QT4 libraries related error message:
Code:
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40803) with this library (version 0x40805)
Abort trap

All QT 4.3.x applications are uninstalled already

Here is the output of ldconfig:
Code:
ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib/qt4 /usr/local/lib/kde4 /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/compat /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib/courier-authlib /usr/local/lib/dovecot /usr/local/lib/evolution/2.32 /usr/local/lib/ffmpeg1 /usr/local/lib/gcc46 /usr/local/lib/gcc47 /usr/local/lib/gegl-0.2 /usr/local/lib/gnutls3 /usr/local/lib/graphviz /usr/local/lib/kde4 /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib/nss /usr/local/lib/portaudio2 /usr/local/lib/pth /usr/local/lib/qt4 /usr/local/lib/spmfilter /usr/local/lib/virtualbox /usr/local/libexec/openldap /usr/local/llvm32/lib /usr/local/llvm33/lib
a.out ldconfig path: /usr/lib/aout /usr/lib/compat/aout /etc/ld.so.conf

Code:
# uname -a
FreeBSD localhost 9.1-RC3 FreeBSD 9.1-RC3 #0: Mon Nov  5 20:37:42 UTC 2012     root@darkstar:/usr/obj/pcbsd-build90/fbsd-source/9.1/sys/GENERIC  i386

Any help is greatly appreciated.
PS: Should I reinstall Xorg server itself, in order to solve the problem?

Re: Upgrade KDE 4 from 4.9.3 to 4.10. - QT4 related issues

How did you upgrade? Via ports tree, binary packages, something else?

Did you read /usr/ports/UPDATING, specifically the entry for the recent Qt changes requiring some hoop jumping?

Did you upgrade/reinstall all of the Qt-related ports? And everything that depends on them?

Thanks @phoenix for your reply, I did everything mentioned in your question, also I have checked the /usr/local/lib directory for "orphaned" libraries (such as - some.QT.etc.so.8.4.3), but there is only 8.4.5 QT version. And yes, I did upgrade KDE 4 with portmaster and reinstalled all Qt4 related packages. I do have some problem with the package database (it seems corrupted, when I try to install some application with make, pkg_add or portmaster/ portupgrade), popup messages regarding corrupted package database appear (only installed packages, if installing new packages, everything is ok).

I doubt that this error has anything to do with the Qt4 issue. Another thing, I was trying to update the OS release from 9.1-RC3 to 9.1, but afterward got problem with the environment, so I rolled updates back.

P.S.: Originally, KDE 4.9.3 came with PC-BSD 9 preinstalled already

Last edited by a moderator:

FIXED: Upgrade KDE 4 from 4.9.3 to 4.10. - QT4 related issues.

Ok, following suggestions of @DutchDaemon and @phoenix, I did read more carefully /usr/ports/UPDATING. There was a problem, which was fixed as described in /usr/ports/UPDATING, see below:

Code:
20140107:
  AFFECTS: users of Qt 4 ports
  AUTHOR: makc@FreeBSD.org

Qt 4 ports framework has been reworked, several ports have been renamed.
  To ease upgrading run the following set of commands:

# pkg set -o devel/qt4-declarative:x11-toolkits/qt4-declarative
  # pkg set -o devel/qt4-qtestlib:devel/qt4-testlib
  # pkg set -o textproc/qt4-clucene:textproc/clucene-qt4
  # pkg set -o www/qt4-webkit:www/webkit-qt4
  # pkg set -o x11/qt4-opengl:graphics/qt4-opengl

I hope it helps someone, who faces the same problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Back