Solved [Solved] System won't boot (gptzfsboot - no ZFS pools found)

Hello.

I moved my setup to another more spacious box. This new case also provides better airflow to the HDDs hence I need to make the move.

My setup has "ZFS on root" on a single IDE HDD and I'm also have a zfs pool (consisting of 6x HDDs) for NAS purposes in there. I made sure I labelled the NAS drives and cable so I don't mixed them when reassembling.

Anyway I tried booting and I now get these messages on boot

Code:
ZFS pool version 5000 (expected version 28) (I get this 6 times to correspond to my drives in my NAS pool I suppose?)
gptzfsboot: no ZFS pools found

I was using the box til I went to bed last night and the only thing I changed is to install wget and to edit some of my personal scripts. I'm pretty sure I didn't edit any files residing in /boot folder. I also run a scrub on my NAS pool before going to bed. I shut the box down after confirming no errors were found.

The boot drive is still being recognized in bios and in the FreeBSD bootloader otherwise it wouldn't give me the errors above? I didn't drop the drive as well. I searched the net but can't find what I'm looking for considering as I said above, I didn't really do anything on my setup before going to bed.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?thanks

Re: System won't boot (gptzfsboot - no ZFS pools found)

After trying to boot into a FreeBSD 10 usb stick several times, my setup is booting again properly and I didn't even do anything when the USB stick booted as somehow there's a problem with /bin/sh.

Thanks to those who read :)

Back