Solved [Solved] Sudo. Issue Enabling For Users.

Hi! I'm having an issue with enabling sudo. I've added the user to the wheel group and enabled sudo for users in that group using visudo's instructions. However, when I log into that user account, sudo isn't enabled by default. The only way I can run anything with sudo from that account is by switching to root and then switching back into the user account from that user account, like so:

su -
su user

It's a major inconvenience. Is there any way to automatically enable it so I don't have to su to root and back? I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Re: Sudo. Issue Enabling For Users.

lakrymosa said:
However, when I log into that user account, sudo isn't enabled by default.
Then you must have done something wrong. What's the exact message you're getting?

Re: Sudo. Issue Enabling For Users.

SirDice said:
lakrymosa said:
However, when I log into that user account, sudo isn't enabled by default.
Then you must have done something wrong. What's the exact message you're getting?
I actually found the solution already, but thank you for answering! I wasn't able to install any packages using sudo and I incorrectly assumed that I couldn't run anything else using it either. However, after actually testing it I did find out what the issue was; I just needed to uncomment a line in visudo.

Back