Solved [Solved] SMTube & Thumbnails/previews

FreeBSD 10.0, x64.

New install, things working great. I use SMTube to browse YouTube because it has a great sound equalizer built in, and I have significant hearing loss.

I am not using the ports, but using the binary. I installed it with: "pkg install smplayer smtube".

SMTube works just fine. It launches SMPlayer and I get all the sound equalization without issue, and the video plays flawlessly. But with SMTube not displaying thumbnails....it's kind tuff to browse!

While I can browse YouTube with Firefox & an HTML5 plugin....because there is no sound equalization...and I can't hardly understand a thing this way.

Does anyone have any idea where I should begin looking to find out what's wrong and fix it?

Thanks for any assistance,

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

Re: SMTube & Thumbnails

This is an update.....And I notified the package maintainer on the fix so that the port may be updated...

Install libcaca, which will bring down the dependency of imlib2.

Then SMTube properly display's previews.

Dave

I received an email from the package maintainer for SMTube.

He checked his build configuration, and is confident that he does not use libcaca nor imlib2 in his build, rather depends upon QT 4.8.5.

In his response, it is plausible that a " sudo pkg autoclean" may have removed one of his qt dependencies in error on my system, because it cleaned several files specific to QT 4.8.5.

So for others reading this....My recommendations based upon the package maintainers email is:

a) Install all of the QT 4.8.5 package and retest.

b) Install libcaca and let it install as a dependency imlib2 and retest.

In this "fix", it is clear that your mileage may vary.....I am convinced though, that one of the above will get you working.

Dave

Back