Solved [Solved] Question about boot0cfg -B

I'd like to know what file should I edit if I want to change the boot menu. Because there are some partitions listed that don't have any operating system installed, and I want to remove them.

Re: Question about boot0cfg -B

Ok. I read the man page, but guess I didn't understand it at all: I did boot0cfg -m 0x3 ada0 hoping that command would enable partitions ada0s1a (FreeBSD) and ada0s2 (WinFLP) only. But no, it enabled partition 5. I had to fix that using the FreeBSD CD-ROM :p

Could you tell me please which command should I use to enable ada0s1a and ada0s2 only?

c083d4 said:
I did boot0cfg -m 0x3 ada0 hoping that command would enable partitions ada0s1a (FreeBSD) and ada0s2 (WinFLP) only. But no, it enabled partition 5.
Hmm, that's odd. Reading the man page I'd say that the command you used ought to be correct. All I can suggest is to post your exact partition layout and hope that someone else has a clue.

Dear @c083d4,

I think you should apply both options within one command as boot0cfg -B -m 0x3 ada0. The first option installs the boot manager into the MBR. The second option specifies the entries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks to both of you.

I guess I didn't actually use the boot0cfg -m 0x3 command, because I tried again and this time it worked. I think I must have written something else. I'll try the boot0cfg -B -m 0x3 ada0 command too.

Back