Solved [Solved] Problem: moved /etc and can't boot

Y

yahyadaod

Hi all,

I moved the file etc Into the file usr using FTP and I have you close the server. When running the server symbol gets

unIm5.png

I looked for a solution and found it

ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
And show a new problem><

mAgGW.png

Please help me ><

Re: Problem

/etc/fstab is needed by loader(8). If you move it, the loader can't find it, and can't mount the disk. It might be fixable by booting an install CD into Shell or Live CD mode, mounting the filesystem, and moving /etc back where it should be.

wblock@ said:
/etc/fstab is needed by loader(8). If you move it, the loader can't find it, and can't mount the disk. It might be fixable by booting an install CD into Shell or Live CD mode, mounting the filesystem, and moving /etc back where it should be.
:stud
If possible explain more tolerant

I apologize p English language I do not speak English

Thank you for your response quick ...

We have developed a new picture of the problem in Participation

yahyadaod said:
wblock@ said:
:stud
If possible explain more tolerant
We have developed a new picture of the problem in Participation
Because you moved (/)etc to (/)usr/etc, you changed the location of critical files needed to boot your system. As @wblock@ suggested, you might be able to fix the problem by booting into Live CD (from the FreeBSD installation media) and moving /usr/etc back to its original location. Try the following as the @root user after booting successfully into Live CD:
Code:
mount /dev/ada0s1a /
mount -u /
cd /usr
mv etc /
Then try to reboot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message said you moved /etc to /usr.

If you have not done it already, make a backup.

Mount the filesystem read/write:
mount -u /

Then move /etc back to where it should be:
mv /usr/etc /

And reboot:
shutdown -r now

@wblock@
@trh411
Thank you for helping me solve the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back