Solved [solved] portmaster + jail == fail (no versions available)

I have here a kind of weird issue. One jail works normally with portmaster while other ones do not.

When I issue the command portmaster -L the working jail reports ports correctly, not working jails gives me this:

Code:
root@www:/root # portmaster -L
===>>> Root ports (No dependencies, not depended on)
===>>> 0 root ports

===>>> Trunk ports (No dependencies, are depended on)
===>>> 0 trunk ports

===>>> Branch ports (Have dependencies, are depended on)
===>>> 0 branch ports

===>>> Leaf ports (Have dependencies, not depended on)
===>>> 0 leaf ports

===>>> 0 total installed ports
        ===>>> There are no new versions available

It is FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p12, I do have old ports in that jail, but somehow portmaster does not see them. /etc/make conf is identical in both jails:

Code:
root@www:/root # cat /etc/make.conf
# atom specific
CPUTYPE?=core2
CFLAGS= -O -pipe

WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
INDEXDIR=               /var/ports
# added by use.perl 2013-09-12 16:47:50
PERL_VERSION=5.14.4

NO_FORTRAN=true
NO_PROFILE=true
NO_BLUETOOTH=true
PPP_NO_SUID=true
NO_SENDMAIL=true
WITH_PKGNG=yes

Jails were installed with ezjail, and are working properly. All have /usr/ports/ accessible.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Re: portmaster + jail == fail (no new versions available)

I just fixed it myself, the issue was a wrong pkg version (I did not have the one from ports). Solution was to install ports-mgmt/pkg.

generic said:
Code:
# atom specific
CPUTYPE?=core2
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
I suggest removing these. It may work fine now but those settings are bound to cause problems, especially setting CFLAGS. There isn't much to optimise in this regard. FreeBSD already uses the most optimal settings for both the OS and for ports. Setting CFLAGS by hand negates that. So instead of improving things you're actually making them worse.

SirDice said:
generic said:
Code:
# atom specific
CPUTYPE?=core2
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
I suggest removing these. It may work fine now but those settings are bound to cause problems, especially setting CFLAGS. There isn't much to optimise in this regard. FreeBSD already uses the most optimal settings for both the OS and for ports. Setting CFLAGS by hand negates that. So instead of improving things you're actually making them worse.

I just did some research and you might be right indeed. Thanks for hint! :)

We don't close topics. Only when discussions spiral out of control. You can mark your thread as solved by editing the first post and adding "[Solved]" to the topic.

SirDice said:
We don't close topics. Only when discussions spiral out of control. You can mark your thread as solved by editing the first post and adding "[Solved]" to the topic.

Done, thanks. :)

Back