Solved [Solved] NFSen in jail broken after upgrade

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out what's happened to my NFSen jail as it's now broken. I started on FreeBSD 9.0 with NFSen 1.3.5_3 and NFDump 1.6.6_2. I've just upgraded the OS to 9.2-RELEASE on the host server and for the jail and upgraded NFSen to 1.3.6p1_3 and NFDump to 1.6.9. Now when I try and start NFDump I get the error:

Code:
May 19 19:49:07 nfsen nfcapd[49602]: semop() error in bookkeeper.c line 218: Function not implemented
May 19 19:49:07 nfsen nfcapd[49602]: initialize bookkeeper failed

And NFSen gives the error:

Code:
May 19 18:32:38 nfsen nfsen[62315]: PANIC nfsend dies: Can not get semaphore: Function not implemented at /usr/local/libexec/nfsen/Nfsync.pm line 48.

Having searched for these errors all I can turn up is the fact that in jails some semaphore functions are disabled, ie:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/arc ... tions.html

What I don't know is how my NFSen in a jail was working before and what I can do to get it working again. I've tried compiling by hand NFDump 1.6.6 but I still get the same error, I've also checked the compile option and there doesn't appear to be any way to remove the requirement for semaphores. This would lead me to believe the problem must stem from the OS upgrade. Has anything important change between 9.0 and 9.2 that would affect my configuration?

Any info/suggestions gratefully recieved,

thanks, Andy.

Re: NFSen in jail broken after upgrade

Ok, fixed it :)

I had in sysctl.conf already:

Code:
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1

However it seems I now need to include this config in the ezjail jail config:

Code:
export jail_example_parameters="allow.sysvipc=1"

thanks, Andy.

Back