Solved [Solved] Hang on boot on passphrase

Yesterday I made a new fresh install of FreeBSD 10. I install it on ZFS. Also when the installer asked me, I said yes to encryption and gave a passphrase.
Now the problem is that when the system boots, when comes to ask for the passphrase, just hangs. Works after several reboots and several hungs.
Any solution for this problem?

Re: Hang on boot on passphrase

Have a look at my first response to this post in relation to being unable to enter the GELI passphrase on boot (though the actual issue in that post was something different): Thread 44752:

asteriskRoss said:
Are you using a USB keyboard? I had a similar issue with one of my machines running 9.1-RELEASE. A little searching revealed others had too; see problem reports kern/120090 and kern/105368. Thread 1358 also discusses it. You may be experiencing the same issue.

You can try adding one of the following in /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
hint.kbdmux.0.disabled="1"
or
Code:
hint.atkbd.0.disabled="1"
hint.atkbdc.0.disabled="1"

Hi. Thanks for posting. Now I am doing a general service on my FreeNAS (I opened it to remove the dust from CPU, check that everything is ok, to put more RAM on it an to check the disks because I get an error on FreeNAS that one disk needs replace and I am afraid if it's damaged. When I will finish and put them all back, I am going to check this :)

I made two reboots and the second option I thing that worked :beer I am not telling solved until to get sure.

Back