Solved [Solved] dspam forward retraining pipe error

Hello forum,

I'm working on integrating DSPAM Anti-Spam Suite 3.9.0 with Postfix 2.11.0 inside a jail running on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789. My goal is to have DSPAM retrain with messages forwarded to a certain alias.

DSPAM was installed from Ports with make DSPAM_OWNER=dspam install clean after creating said user: pw user add dspam -s /sbin/nologin -c 'DSPAM-User' -G vmail. DSPAM already processes incoming mails, tagging them appropriately so I think that there should only be a permissions problem that has eluded me for the last couple of hours. When I forward a mail to one of my retraining aliases, (ex. spam-info@example.com) this error shows up in /var/log/messages:
Code:
pipe[*snip*]: fatal: pipe_command: execvp /usr/local/bin/dspam: Permission denied

I have a feeling that dspam is not run as the appropriate user, but I'm currently stumped on how to find out if I'm right and what to do about that. The forwarded message stays in queue for delivery, forever (or long enough to be purged after a while). This is the relevant portion of my /usr/local/etc/postfix/master.cf:
Code:
dspam-retrain       unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        flags=Rhq
        user=dspam
        argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user ${sender}

As always, I'll very much appreciate your input on this problem,

-frozen

UPDATE #1:
Changing from
Code:
argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user ${sender}
to either
Code:
argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user dspam
or
Code:
argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user root
didn't solve my problem...

UPDATE #2:
See Daniels reply for the fix!

Re: dspam forward retraining pipe error

Hello,

I had the same problem and after a lot of testing, I found the solution.

During the make config you have to select POSTFIX_MBC to use /usr/local/bin/dspam as a standalone-client binary.

Hope I could help you,

greetings,
Daniel

Re: dspam forward retraining pipe error

Hello Daniel,
This solved my problem.
Thank you very much!

-frozen

Back