Solved [Solved]ClamAV

If I search for CLamAV, a lot of people add the following lines in /etc/rc.conf:
Code:
clamav_clamd_enable="YES"
clamav_freshclam_enable="YES"

How can I find out about these lines? Where are these lines written in the manual? For example, in man clamscan I can not find anything about these lines.

Re: ClamAV

masayoshi said:
If I search about CLamAV, a lot of people add the following lines in /etc/rc.conf.

Code:
clamav_clamd_enable="YES"
clamav_freshclam_enable="YES"

How can I find about these line? Where are these lines written in manual?
For example,
man clamscan
I can not find about these lines.
You probably won't find anything about those lines in the security/clamav manual because they reference "rc variables" used by FreeBSD's rc(8) system to start services. During the installation of security/clamav a clamav-clamd script gets installed to /etc/rc.d. The first statement in your code above tells rc(8) to execute the /etc/rc.d/clamav-clamd script during startup. I don't think the second statement is rc(8) related as "freshclam" is intended to be run from cron(8) to keep the anti-virus signatures up to date. It's inclusion in /etc/rc.conf may simply be historical as I seem to recall it was at one time rc(8) related.

Have a look at Using rc(8) in the FreeBSD Handbook for more info on the rc(8) system.

Back