Solved [Solved] Apache - php,phpmyadmin not working problem

I tried following this tutorial to set up FAMP : http://bsdbox.co/2013/12/20/amp-apache-mysql-and-php-on-freebsd/#comments

* Apache24 -works perfectly
* mysql -works
* php55 -?
* phpMyAdmin -not working?

When I try to access:
*myserver/phpmyadmin
*myserver/phpmyadmin/setup
*myserver/test.php

They're not there and worse still is that fact that my browser thinks they' are all files to be downloaded.

I've been going down the page trying to make sure of what I did installl: apache24,mysqlxx,php55,phpmyadmin,checking to see what I did configure checking to see and what I may missed,but,I fugure I'm overlooking something.

Cam somebody point me in the right direction?

Am I right in saying that not only is phpMyAdmin not working,but,php55 isn't also.By the way,there is no "Build Apache Module" in the make config for php55.Does that matter?

Almost there,but not quite.

Re: Apache - php,phpmyadmin not working problem

Are there any options I need that would require a make config recursive,or do I just do a make install clean ?

I tried the install,as suggested,restarted apache24 and typed the url:

myserver/phpmyadmin/setup -same if I leave off the word "setup."

result: phpMyAdmin - Error
Existing configuration file (./config.inc.php) is not readable.

One thing is now working:

the "test.php" file I created.I can go to //myserver/test.php and it now shows all the php info,etc.

Itproman said:

the "test.php" file I created.I can go to //myserver/test.php and it now shows all the php info,etc.
I have no familiarity with phpMyAdmin. However, two questions pop to mind:
  • is the "not readable" error maybe due to a permissions issue on the ./config.inc.php file?
  • does phpMyAdmin need to be re-installed after the installation of www/mod_php55?
Just guessing.

trh411 said:
Itproman said:

I have no familiarity with phpMyAdmin. However, two questions pop to mind:
  • is the "not readable" error maybe due to a permissions issue on the ./config.inc.php file?
  • does phpMyAdmin need to be re-installed after the installation of www/mod_php55?
Just guessing.

You almost got it right with the first one possible solution,meaning,you were 1/2 right;it was the config file that was the culprit,though!

As it turns out,after having a look at the contents of config.inc.php,I discovered that,beyond the introductory comments,there was no content,but,checking the sample file revealed content,so I deleted the config file and did : mv config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php and tried /freebsdbox/phpmyadmin again and away it went.

Thanks.

Itproman said:
You almost got it right with the first one possible solution,meaning,you were 1/2 right;it was the config file that was the culprit,though!

As it turns out,after having a look at the contents of config.inc.php,I discovered that,beyond the introductory comments,there was no content,but,checking the sample file revealed content,so I deleted the config file and did : mv config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php and tried /freebsdbox/phpmyadmin again and away it went.
If you guess often enough you're bound to be 1/2 right at least once in a while, no? ;) Glad you got it working.

Back