[Solaris] ./do-backup

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and more importantly new to Solaris. I tried to run the ./do-backup.sh script but could not. I get an error "unable to access file". I tried to chmod the file so I can run it but to no avail. What am I not doing right? I ran chmod 755 do-backup.sh and chmod 755 backup.sh but none of the commands took. I need help please. Thanks for your time.

Ozizza2vau

Well, since it's in the Off-Topic section, allow me to answer in my broken archaic English: Mayhap these art the druids thou art looking for.

jozze said:
Well, since it's in the Off-Topic section, allow me to answer in my broken archaic English: Mayhap these art the druids thou art looking for.
Brilliant, just what I was looking for ;) Not so much Solaris, but one of their other boards is going to come in real handy in a minute or so.

ozizza2vau said:
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and more importantly new to Solaris. I tried to run the ./do-backup.sh script but could not. I get an error "unable to access file". I tried to chmod the file so I can run it but to no avail. What am I not doing right? I ran chmod 755 do-backup.sh and chmod 755 backup.sh but none of the commands took. I need help please. Thanks for your time.

Ozizza2vau

Despite the fact this is a FreeBSD forum, it will help to know what the command tells you (if any error) and what is the output of a ls -l do-backup.sh. Second, if the command is named do-backup.sh stripping the name to backup.sh will not help you at all. Finally, you can also try to run the command via an explicit subshell like in sh do-backup.sh.

It would also be nice to know what this do-backup.sh actually is (the contents; you can check them with # cat do-backup.sh, or # less do-backup.sh, or # more do-backup.sh), and if maybe you are the author.

@ozizza2vau: Can you provide at least the first few lines of that script[]? Also share the ls -la on the file. Details of the filesystem itself and mount options of it will be helpful too (filesystem where script resides).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back