So, its been a while

Hello,
Forgive me if this was covered elsewhere on these boards, I did have a look in the FAQ, but nothing relevant there..,

I used to (since ~2002) belong to a FreeBSD user forum site with the URL: "www.freebsdforums.org", and having been away from the "sharp end" for such a long time, I'm wondering if this site is in some way related to the other one.

I see one or two user handles here that I remember from back then, but of course can't be sure if they're the same folks. I'd appreciate someone confirming, please.

Thanks.

Regards,

skybsd

I was on the old forum and it was over taken with spam and the administrator disappeared.
We all move to another board and then this one came online and alot of not all also joined here.

Hello,

roddierod said:
I was on the old forum and it was over taken with spam and the administrator disappeared.
We all move to another board and then this one came online and alot of not all also joined here.

Thanks for responding.

Shame this all happened.

So from what you've said here, this board has nothing to do with the one I previously belonged to. Is this forum (seeing as its piggy-backing off the main FreeBSD domain) in some way the "official" FreeBSD users' forum?

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,

skybsd

skybsd said:
Is this forum (seeing as its piggy-backing off the main FreeBSD domain) in some way the "official" FreeBSD users' forum?
Yes. This forum is administrated by FreeBSD.org people.

Hello joel,

joel@ said:
Yes. This forum is administrated by FreeBSD.org people.

Thanks for replying.

I only asked as I don't see anywhere on the site that explains the origin / background / purpose of the forum itself, or forum's relationship with FreeBSD.org.

The FAQ section contains only listings of site rules and usage procedures.

Thanks again.

Regards,

skybsd

Hello,

psycho said:
what's wrong with you?

I don't follow you.

I'm just asking some questions.., My last post merely indicates my response to being pointed to a path that takes me back to where I would start from.,

Surely - that's no great crime?

Regards,

skybsd

Seeing that forums.freebsd.org is under freebsd.org, which is FreeBSD's official domain ... why did you even wonder about its 'officialness'? This is not 'piggy-backing', this is an official FreeBSD host, hence an official FreeBSD site ...

Anyhoo: the site you mentioned was left without an admin/mod, and killed off by spammers. Then daemonforums.org emerged, taking most of the old users to a new forum for all things *BSD. Then forums.freebsd.org was founded, and a lot of the members of the previous two forums are now on here as well.

Back