snd_ich and Microphone

I've already done that and the mic still very weak. I'll do a fresh install, to be sure that I've a clean system.

Is there any 20db boost like ALSA on linux ? Or a thing like that which increase the microphone level ?

mixer vol 100 pcm 100 mic 100

also if after this you think it's not loud... install audio/audacity.
Recoard some sound [say something in mic] and upload to some free filehosting service.... post link here...
I wanna hear if it's really quiet, or there is other problem.

Finaly, I found the origin of the problem.
When I using the Front jack connector, the microphone works great and when I'm using the normal jack, the sound is very low. It's not a problem for me to use the front connector (Actually, it's the first time they work, so i'm happy :D)
Just, i've a last question, Mixer don't remeber after a reboot that i'm using MIC as a recording source. How can I make it remerber that ?
Anyway, now my problem is solved. I'll tag my first post with [SOLVED].

Thanks you very much for your precious help. I'm very happy to see there is a pleasant community to help new people who decide to try FreeBSD like me :D

Best regards;

Bahaika

Well, It depends waht graphical enviroment do you use?
If you use custom de, you can add mixer .... to ~/.xinitrc and ~/.xsession or link .xinitrc to .xsession and viseversa.... it depends which one of them is executed....

I link them, but, since I use fvwm, I specify, that mixer should set default values on fvwm startup

EDIT
s/like/link/
s/sed/set/

Back