Other smartctl stuck in self-test routine

the disk are a SSD WD green series of 160GB (is the mirror of my principal disk,also a SSD but not the green series for lucky)

from time to time I run smarctl test and scrub..this is the result in that disk

Code:
# 1  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       831         -
# 2  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       828         -
# 3  Extended offline    Self-test routine in progress 30%       828         -
# 4  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       284

3 smartctl -l test and without an error, but the "Self-test routine in progress" always is show there,even with the machine reboots
should I worry about it?

Some drives make their own SMART self-tests, and I am not sure whether this kind of self-test is interruptible.
I consider reasonable to assume that the drive controller noticed there is something wrong and chose to investigate this on its own.
Maybe put the drive in your tester computer, to make sure there are no interferences with other drives, and let it run for a few hours without interruption.
When you find the test completed, the SMART data might have got an interesting update.

good idea,I can boot from that disk and with nothing more attached
the strange thing is that is always in %30 , at least I use the machine 4 hours in the week and more the weekends,so it have their time to complete

updates, I wipe the disk, run smartctl -a /dev/ada1 and returns me

Code:
# 1  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       831         -
# 2  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       828         -
# 3  Extended offline    Self-test routine in progress 30%       828         -
# 4  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%       284         -

🤣🤣

fwup --detect
fetch http://service.wd.com/downloads?firmware=wd-green-160.ssd
dump < wd-green-160.ssd.20201201.fw > /dev/hda0.cntrl

I don't think it's actually "stuck". Well, the message is stuck, the test isn't. It's done two completed tests after it (#1 and #2). The message was registered as "in progress" but for some reason it got cancelled or bailed out. So the "in process" message was never updated. The test itself isn't running, it's just the message that's still visible.

I don't think it's actually "stuck". Well, the message is stuck, the test isn't. It's done two completed tests after it (#1 and #2). The message was registered as "in progress" but for some reason it got cancelled or bailed out. So the "in process" message was never updated. The test itself isn't running, it's just the message that's still visible.

the disk is working fine , but in my mind is like the bug in the screen of fresports
I know that is not real but bug me off

do you think that is safe to use it as mirror drive?
I run on it 3 long smartctl tests, and no errors

Back