Solved size mismatch, cannot continue

Can't seem to upgrade or install any packages. Getting the following error no matter what I try to install.

Code:
betsy# pkg install elinks
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
   elinks: 0.11.7_5

Number of packages to be installed: 1

The process will require 2 MiB more space.
659 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
Fetching elinks-0.11.7_5.txz: 100%  659 KiB 675.0kB/s  00:01  
pkg: cached package elinks-0.11.7_5: size mismatch, fetching from remote
Fetching elinks-0.11.7_5.txz: 100%  659 KiB 675.0kB/s  00:01  
pkg: cached package elinks-0.11.7_5: size mismatch, cannot continue

I tried pkg clean, also getting a similar problem when I try to upgrade freebsd-11.0-beta2 to beta3

Code:
The following components of FreeBSD seem to be installed:
kernel/generic world/base world/lib32

The following components of FreeBSD do not seem to be installed:
kernel/generic-dbg world/base-dbg world/doc world/lib32-dbg

Does this look reasonable (y/n)? y

Fetching metadata signature for 11.0-BETA3-p1 from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.0-BETA3-p1 from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.0-BETA3-p1 from update6.freebsd.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 11.0-BETA3-p1 from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

Is there a proxy in between? That might have cached a corrupt download.

Are we at the point where we're supporting FreeBSD 11 and pkgbase here? I'm genuinely curious, as 11-RELEASE isn't out yet and pkgbase is still an experimental feature...

We don't support the CURRENT branch. We do however support the current STABLE branches and 11-STABLE has been tagged.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask about my problems with 11. I'm new to FreeBSD and just figured it was best to go with 11 it looked like it was going to be released soon and I'm not afraid to play with a beta on my desktop.

That being said there were two issues here both solved.

First /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf had the wrong abi set it was trying to pull packages from 10:x86_64 instead off 11:x86_64. Pointing it to the right abi fixed my problem there.

The second problem with freebsd-update was just a typo on my part last night. I added -p1 and it shouldn't have been in there. Thanks for every ones help!

Greg, I used your ABI fix on a FreeBSD 11 box today.

FreeBSD 11.0-RC2

Thank you for making it easy for me to fix, it is always good to find out that you are not doing something wrong.

I used this fix today on 11.1-RELEASE installed fresh from the iso that I downloaded yesterday. 2 servers, 1 fresh install and 1 upgraded from 11.0-RELEASE-p9 that did NOT have this issue before upgrading.

Couldn't update/install anything using pkg b/c everything was failing the checksum.

thank you this worked like a champ!

Back