Simple and nice package for split and join large file

I use FreeBSD 7.2 and I want nice and simple package for split and join large file

I want split large file with this packages and go to windows and use winrar or 7zip for join them

You can use split(1).
Then on dos system you only need the copy command to concatenate the splitted parts.

Or you can create volumes using rar or 7z. You can read the respective man pages.

One little precision: on the Windows Command Prompt, don't forget to use the /b switch to enable binary copy, e.g. copy /b part_1+part_2+part_n end_file, or something like that.

Hi,
there is a port of 7zip for UNIX
archivers/p7zip
you could use it to split/archive files under FreeBSD
and then use the windows version of 7zip to restore under windows

good luck

mgp said:
Hi,
there is a port of 7zip for UNIX
archivers/p7zip
you could use it to split/archive files under FreeBSD
and then use the windows version of 7zip to restore under windows

[post=40977]It seems[/post] he doesn't like it.

How I use p7zip for split files and join them I can not find good guide in man and --help ?

I use this command for make 7zip file and make 100MB of file but it make for me only one 7zip file , where I make mistake

Code:
7za a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=100m -ms=on archive.7z tttt.AVI

Where in the command you posted are you asking 7z to create 100MB volumes ?
I don't have 7z at the moment.
Try $ man 7za, then type "/volumes" (without quotes) and look at the option one or few lines above.

ale said:
Where in the command you posted are you asking 7z to create 100MB volumes ?
I don't have 7z at the moment.
Try $ man 7za, then type "/volumes" (without quotes) and look at the option one or few lines above.

but it dose not give good information

mfaridi said:
but it dose not give good information
Another port you might like is zip. Just type % zip -s 100m archive.zip tttt.AVI and you should get files called archive.z01, archive.z02, ..., archive.zip which a decent Windows zipper should be able to unzip again.

Hope this helps,

Alphons

Back