ZFS Sharing ZFS over Hosts based on one iSCSI dev

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to use one (already HA) iSCSI device and attach it on two or more hosts at the same time. Both hosts should use the iSCSI dev as ZFS raid0 (single dev in pool, since already HA, but I need Snapshot-capeability). I have worries about creating inconstancies if e.g. both hosts would apply a scrub at the same time - yet if ZFS is even allowing a mount on more than one host.

Reason: Both hosts need the very same ZFS in sync. UFS on top of a ZFS/HAST is not an option. Something like a sync bidirectional zfs send/recv would be the goal.

I am wondering if it is possible to use one (already HA) iSCSI device and attach it on two or more hosts at the same time.
That won't be possible and is bound to cause all sorts of inconsistencies if you do manage to get it working.

yet if ZFS is even allowing a mount on more than one host.
That won't be possible either as pools need to be exported and imported to be able to use them on a different system.

Agreed. So am I. These extras layers of complexity. But what can I do? I would have loved to achieve this with ZFS ;(

Back