Solved SFTP credentials (Wordpress)

I've recently a new version of Wordpress (5.2.2) and find that I can no longer download new themes. When I try I get a warning box which says:-
You won’t be able to install new themes from here yet since your install requires SFTP credentials. For now, please add themes in the admin.
If I do a search for themes and select one to install, a dialogue box pops up asking for Connection information:-
Connection Information
To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host.

Hostname
FTP Username
FTP PasswordThis password will not be stored on the server.
Connection Type FTP

What to do? I'm on an internal network.

Oh dear. You wrote it yourself:
... requires SFTP credentials. For now, please add themes in the admin.

Add themes in the admin!!!!
I stopped using WordPress in favor of another system, however, I have still its last state running locally. It is version 4.9.5, and for testing, I just added successfully the theme Twenty Nineteen in the admin, which has the same local part like the link which you have given, namely .../wp-admin/theme-install.php.

If you select a theme and click on Install does it install?

I already have Twenty Nineteen and do not need to install it, only Activate it as it probably comes included in 5.2.2.

I suspect something has changed in 5.2.2 which is responsible for the problem I'm having.

Maybe I'll try downloading https://wordpress.org/wordpress-4.9.5.tar.gz and see how that works.

Back