Setting up Email-Server with PostFix

I want to setup mail/postfix server.

I have been reading different tutorials about this, I do have domain. I don't want to setup web-access, but I want that server can be accessed via different email-clients, so is it enough if i follow this tutorial: http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=4 and I skip apache and php5 parts?

Best Regards

folivora

Thanks for the replies,

Could someone tell me which parts of these tutorials I need to configure / install, so clients can access mail-server via email-clients. They don't need web-based access.

Best Regards

folivora

Postfix & Dovecot part, but you should read all of it... Perhaps you will find something more

In these configs, you're supposed to have database to manage user accounts.
So you need to read about that, or to read postfix and dovecot documentation and improvize :D

Ok, I started with http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=16 instructions. I get following error:

Code:
usr/ports/mail/p5-Mail-SPF-Query

===>  p5-Mail-SPF-Query-1.999.1 conflicts with installed package(s): 
      p5-Mail-SPF-2.007

They install files into the same place.
      You may want to stop build with Ctrl + C.

AFAIK you should not use Mail::SPF::Query any more: it's obsoleted. Mail::SPF is its official replacement. Just deinstall p5-Mail-SPF-Query and use p5-Mail-SPF instead. But maybe I'm wrong.

Dear vand777,

Somehow in the installation process of maia it wants to install p5-Mail-SPF-Query-1.999.1 after it has installed p5-Mail-SPF-2.007.

This is confusing me.

Could someone tell, how I could fix this error.

I just tested the installation of security/maia in a new jail (with default settings). It didn't give me any errors... It installed only p5-Mail-SPF-Query.

Can you check which port has installed p5-Mail-SPF?

folivora said:
Dear vand777,

Somehow in the installation process of maia it wants to install p5-Mail-SPF-Query-1.999.1 after it has installed p5-Mail-SPF-2.007.

This is confusing me.

Could someone tell, how I could fix this error.

If you want to replace the p5-Mail-SPF-Query dependency with p5-Mail-SPF in the Makefile of the maia port. Somewhere down in the Makefile, you would have
Code:
.if defined(WITH_SPFQUERY)
RUN_DEPENDS+=   ${SITE_PERL}/Mail/SPF/Query.pm:${PORTSDIR}/mail/p5-Mail-SPF-Query
.endif

replace it with
Code:
.if defined(WITH_SPFQUERY)
RUN_DEPENDS+=   ${SITE_PERL}/Mail/SPF/Query.pm:${PORTSDIR}/mail/p5-Mail-SPF
.endif

Amitabh

Back