Shell set the root for script to run another scripts outside

Hello,

Please, give me an advice,
how to set the / for my script, to it accidentally no to "bound out" the borders of my "program" that consist of a lot of a sh scripts.
Should I choose the "chroot" for this?

Peace

You can set up a jail for that. Give that jail an IP address, SSH into that, and then run all your scripts inside that jail. A jail is a type of chrooted environment, and yes, it offers the boundaries that you describe.

You can set up a jail for that. Give that jail an IP address, SSH into that, and then run all your scripts inside that jail. A jail is a type of chrooted environment, and yes, it offers the boundaries that you describe.
What if I don't want to use Jail? I sounds excessive for this task. What if I want to put it in archive and replicate on another machine or even platform where I have shell but it's not freeBSD, should I use jail there also?

What if I don't want to use Jail? I sounds excessive for this task. What if I want to put it in archive and replicate on another machine or even platform where I have shell but it's not freeBSD, should I use jail there also?
Then figure out what a 'chrooted environment' is in the first place. Find ways to play with that. Start simple.

Yeah, that's time consuming, but as a Chinese proverb goes, 'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.

Then figure out what a 'chrooted environment' is in the first place. Find ways to play with that. Start simple.

Yeah, that's time consuming, but as a Chinese proverb goes, 'The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'.
Yep, sound like chroot is useless for me, i'll just make the config file with variable that will represent the scripts dir.

Back