Send command to jail from main host - Socket with openssl api

sysnes

Hi, first of all I want to thanks for this community, this forum have rich content.

Is possible to send a command from the main host to jail host?

Like this: ezjail-admin console WEBSERVER | nginx -s reload

I want to restart a service and check status, so I think I need to do this via socket.

Does FreeBSD system have featured of work with socket with OpenSSL, I want to avoid install Perl in every jail?

Thanks so Much

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Does FreeBSD system have featured of work with socket with OpenSSL, I want to avoid install Perl in every jail?
What exactly do you need to be able to do? Also note that Perl is a dependency for a lot of other ports, so it's quite likely Perl will get installed anyway.

OP
OP
sysnes

sysnes

Thanks for your participation tobik@ and Sirdice.

About SirDice comment, I want to create a web service system with Perl, in the main host. That web system have the featured the detect if a process is running (Process like nginx, mysql, etc), also have a featured of restart or stop process.
That is my question if FreeBSD have a build function in the system (Jail) relation to socket and if is psossible to work with openssl api.

Thanks for any sugestion.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

That web system have the featured the detect if a process is running (Process like nginx, mysql, etc), also have a featured of restart or stop process.
You might want to take a look at sysutils/monit. It can be used standalone but I can recommend getting the M/Monit service too (if you want a nice web based interface to stop/start/restart services remotely). You'll have to pay a license for it but it's relatively cheap and if I remember correctly it's a one time payment for a lifetime subscription. I have it set up for a client of mine. It's been running for a couple of years without any major issues. I did have some problems at some point but support was surprisingly quick to respond and they fixed the issue in record time.

https://mmonit.com/

That is my question if FreeBSD have a build function in the system (Jail) relation to socket and if is psossible to work with openssl api.
Jails are somewhat limited of course but this shouldn't be a problem. For all intents and purposes a jail works just like any other 'physical' machine.