SECURITY -- PERL VULNERABILITY

First of all I'm sorry that this thread will appear to be off topic but I searched SECURITY category and is not present, so I wrote this here, in this category where, I think, are more services affected on a server.

Well, in this morning I read the internal mail and found out that my server has a vulnerable package to DOS attacks and not only (perl5-5.18.4_11).

So I do a pkg audit perl | more and here it is:
Code:
Affected versions:
>= 5.16.0 : < 5.16.2_1
>= 5.14.0 : < 5.14.2_3
perl -- denial of service via algoritmic complexity attack on hash routines
CVE: CVE-2013-1667

>= 5.8.0 : 5.8.9
perl -- Directory Permission Race Condition
CVE: CVE-2005-0448

> 5.8.* : < 5.8.8_1
PERL -- regular exxpression unicode data buffer overflow
CVE: CVE-2007-5116

>= 5.8 : < 5.8.6_2
perl -- vulnerabilities in PERLIO_DEBUG handling
CVE: CVE-2005-0156
CVE: CVE-2005-0155

>= 5.8.0 : < 5.8.7_1
>= 5.6.0 : < 5.6.2
perl, webmin, usermin -- perl format string integer wrap vulnerability
CVE: CVE-2005-3962
CVE: CVE-2005-3912

>= 5.8.0 : < 5.8.6
>= 0 : < 5.6.2
perl -- File::Path insecure file/directory permissions
CVE: CVE-2004-0452
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2004-0452
Well, the last one is interesteing for me ( >= 0 : < 5.6.2 ). So I was wondering in how much time a patch for these vulnerabilities are released? Or if exist already where it is? Because I'm a little bit freaked out here!

What should I do ?

...I come back with a completion and another question. I google it a little bit and found out that I have a perl v5.20 but then, here I go again: why pkg audit perl | more says "1 problem(s) in the installed packages found"?

ok... but I'm not convinced, in that page where you make reference is not a single word about [CVE-2004-0452] I can't link anything with it.

Another issue, again, why pkg audit perl says I have 1 problem in installed packages ? perl -v says: perl v5.20.3 so why it say that? Problem of configuration of my pkg.conf or exist a real threat?

ok... but I'm not convinced, in that page where you make reference is not a single word about [CVE-2004-0452] I can't link anything with it.
Because it's a really old one that was patched 12 years ago on a version of Perl that's not even supported anymore.

Another issue, again, why pkg audit perl says I have 1 problem in installed packages ? perl -v says: perl v5.20.3 so why it say that? Problem of configuration of my pkg.conf or exist a real threat?
Because they're local patches and the version of Perl doesn't change.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/lang/perl5.20/files/?view=log

Use pkg audit. A pkg audit <pkgname> shows all security advisories for that package, past and present.

Well, I told you already that in a morning when I was verifying my server's logs, I gived the command pkg audit perl because appeared after fetching vulnerability database, that perl5-5.18.4_11 was vulnerable.

So I still don't understand why appeared in my logs(this year - 2016) this warning if that package was fixed in it's previous versions and FreeBSD(several years ago)?

perl -v says: perl v5.20.3 so why it say that? The system can't identify pakages versions or what?

How should I react at similar warnings of other packages? It's an misconfiguration of pkg or other package from my server or what?

Again, use pkg audit. Nothing else, no pkg audit <packagename> or anything else. As for looking for specific versions, use pkg version -v. That will actually show you the version, including the port revision of the installed packages.

A pkg audit perl simply shows all available advisories for perl. This includes old ones. It will even show you this list when you don't have perl installed.

Back