Screenshots

Guess I'll start the openbox screenshot thread:

FreeBSD 7 Stable
Openbox 3.6.7
Thunar
xmms
opera
pypanel

and some other stuff. It's a dual monitor setup so you can click to image to get the full size look.

Very nice. I'm still setting my system up which will be running Openbox as well but I'll be sure to post my screenshot when it's ready.

I'm going to post a old screenshot of mine from September, but my desktop hasn't changed much since then -

Top-left corner: tpager (desktop switcher)
Bottom-right: conky
Other apps: Firefox 3 (whitehart theme), xterm, Sonata

// I think all those xfce, fluxbox and openbox screenshot threads should me merged

@dh - looks like you are using xcompmgr for the shadow effects. I was uing that for awhile then I tried using the fade in effects and after a time it started to cause problems like window artifacts. Are you using the fading feature?

roddierod said:
@dh - looks like you are using xcompmgr for the shadow effects. I was uing that for awhile then I tried using the fade in effects and after a time it started to cause problems like window artifacts. Are you using the fading feature?

I don't use fade (I want my menus to open instantly), only shadows.
I start xcompmgr with following flags:
Code:
xcompmgr -c -t-6 -l-6 -r5.0 -o0.85

Thanks for let me know openbox

I was fighting with fluxbox for the Chinese character problem in menu display, then I found your post today. Openbox have Chinese translations so it must have no problem on Chinese.
I tried it and was very satisfied with it, except there is a known bug for gnome-session which could be easily fixed.

I use bblean in my windows laptop too.

A few ways...

you can put one of these line in autostart.sh

Code:
xfce-mcs-manager &

with this if you have the xfce parts installed you can use the xfce control panel to set the icons.

Code:
/usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &

if you prefer the gnome control panels.

Or: you can create .gtkrc-2.0 in your home directory if it does not exsist

here is mine for example:

Code:
gtk-theme-name="Frozen Plastic"
gtk-icon-theme-name="Buuf-Deuce"
gtk-font-name="monofur 14"
gtk-toolbar-style=2
include "/home/roddierod/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

roddierod said:
A few ways...

you can put one of these line in autostart.sh

Code:
xfce-mcs-manager &

with this if you have the xfce parts installed you can use the xfce control panel to set the icons.

Code:
/usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &

if you prefer the gnome control panels.

Or: you can create .gtkrc-2.0 in your home directory if it does not exsist

here is mine for example:

Code:
gtk-theme-name="Frozen Plastic"
gtk-icon-theme-name="Buuf-Deuce"
gtk-font-name="monofur 14"
gtk-toolbar-style=2
include "/home/roddierod/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

if i create the .gtkrc in the ~,
where do i have to place the icon n the themes set?
thanks..

For multiusers i make /home/Share directory
and
ln -s /home/Share/icons /home/user/.icons

and next time i dump/restore i will have icons where they are supposed to be.

i don't want them in /usr/local/share/icons, because you never when when i'll decide to rebuild system completely. Then i can simply restore /home from backups and everything will work.

It's also to extract only some files/directories form dump backup, but why to make life harder?

Yeah, I like everyone except Art Bell. My sister told me about the show 5 years ago and I've mainly have to get downloads as it on too late for me to listen live :(

dh said:
I'm going to post a old screenshot of mine from September, but my desktop hasn't changed much since then -

Top-left corner: tpager (desktop switcher)
Bottom-right: conky
Other apps: Firefox 3 (whitehart theme), xterm, Sonata

// I think all those xfce, fluxbox and openbox screenshot threads should me merged

I like much your conky config, can you share it please?

alie said:
@dh: can u share ur theme ? i like it a lot. especially ur theme skin and wallpaper

Theme (theme is based on old blackbox theme named Cthulhain)

The wallpaper is modified "SG Striped Wallpaper #11" (adjusted contrast and colors) and it's part of "SG Walls" (I think) wallpaper pack on deviantart.com.

Back