Solved screen resolution

I have a new PC with FreeBSD 13 updated and mate desktop with slim. It is working perfectly. I have firefox installed. I have a Asus-GeForce-GT-1030-2GB GDDR5_40864G. I have installed the x11/nvidia-driver however the display is very low resolution. I have added in /boot/loader.conf nvidia-modeset_load="YES" I have tried the same in the rc.conf file. Still no success.
Look forward to some guidance.

I have added in /boot/loader.conf nvidia-modeset_load="YES" I have tried the same in the rc.conf file.
Remove both of them.

Set in /etc/rc.conf:
Code:
kld_list="nvidia-modeset"

Create /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Card0 GT 1030"
       Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Load the driver without rebooting the system: kldload nvidia-modeset

so tried it but it did not work rc.conf entry was not the problem. Slim would not load with the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf file created. When I loaded the driver without rebooting it said it was already loaded or in the kernel.
I removed the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf file and could log in.

I removed the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf file
Without specifying the "nvidia" driver in a Xorg configuration file Xorg won't use the provided driver by x11/nvidia-driver. nvidia-driver.conf instructs Xorg to use it. To check which driver Xorg is using inspect /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Disable slim and kld_list in /etc/rc.conf (and other existing nvidia settings), also make sure there is nothing nvidia related loaded from /boot/loader.conf then reboot the system.

In the console execute kldload nvidia, login as a user, try to start Xorg ( startx).

Slim can be enabled later after to make sure Xorg is using the "nvida" driver and works correctly.

Back