Solved Samba flood log entries in console

Hi,
I have a new FreeBSD 13 installation together with Samba 4 in place.
During the boot time, without login and with login status, Samba placed event entries in the console instead only in log files.

How can I avoid this behavior?

SirDice:
Within the boot process and starting of nmbd and smbd I get 15 times the error message:
- Packet send failed to xxx.xxx.xxx.255(137) ERNO=No route to host
- send_netbios_packet: send_packet() to xxx.xxx.xxx.255 por 137 failed
Finally the login prompt is overwrite with such kind of infos like above.

Zvoni:
Where can i find such kind of options and what would be the standard?

kind of O/T but add something like this in smb4.conf
don't let samba services on your wan
Code:
interfaces = 10.1.1.1/24 127.0.0.1
bind interfaces only = yes

covacat:
This entries are in my smb4.conf file. No effects or improvements.

In the meantime, sshd outputs are in the console too. It looks like, that I have a general problem with log-outputs by the daemons. For example within a ssh session, the switch from the standard user to root (with su) shows: Dec 2 server su(1004): username to root on /dev/pts/0.

For example within a ssh session, the switch from the standard user to root (with su) shows: Dec 2 server su(1004): username to root on /dev/pts/0.
That's normal behavior. If you want to turn off those console messages you can edit /etc/syslog.conf and remark this line:
Code:
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit                /dev/console

Zvoni: Yes, the case is similar. But the solutions behind your link are not quiet effective. To switch off/on the IPv6-Support to get the right solution or to change some options in the Samba-Server-Daemon-File were not effective. But the reason is intesting. Samba tried the broadcast, where perhaps the network-device is not ready to this time. After the initialisation shows the positive message as last statement - in the console of course - that the bradcast is ok.

It looks like a general problem and the solution by SirDice has more a positive effect. I remarked the line with the entry:
Code:
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit                /dev/console
And everthing is quiet. Samba and sshd messages were switched off. But i have the fear now, to lose important other information.

The idea to redirect the output in a file instead to the console with:
Code:
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit                /var/log/console.log
was not successful.

Finaly, I remarked the line because Samba errors will be logged in own log files. I don't know, what kind of (important) other messages I will miss. Perhaps you has a hint for me.

Anyway, I will close this thread as solved. Thank you for your support.

The idea to redirect the output in a file instead to the console with:
Code:
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit /var/log/console.log
was not successful.
Code:
# touch /var/log/console.log and chmod it to mode 600 before it will work
I assume you restarted syslogd(8) after making the changes?

Back