Rules of the Road #1 question

I frequently use ebay to cite various hardware answers.
They have great pictures and give a general sense of what an item costs for used equipment.
Upon re-reading the rules I see I may have violated the "No linkdumping" clause as well as 'No commercial sites" section.

I am breaking the rules if someone asks "Where can I buy a FreeBSD compatible WiFi card" and I link to an ongoing ebay auction?
Would it be more appropriate to link to a completed auction instead?

I am trying to make everyone happy and follow the rules as I do not want to be banned from such a great learning resource.
Thank You
For clarification I have no affiliation with ebay. I have 2100+ purchases and sell nothing.

I suspect that "the rules" are neither legally nor logically parsed, but rather some of them are there to satisfy a situation they've encountered. My guess is this won't hit you. The whole TOS thing is a legal (and otherwise) mess.

Good question! I think I have done that too.
Maybe it's more appropriate to make a screenshot of such action page and post it? Thus there will be no link in such post.

I can see how eBay would be interested in not keeping old links out there on the net. I see some sites have a live/query type of link to eBay, which is probably what they're trying to encourage.

Back