RPi3B+ won't go past the rainbow?

Running the latest from RaspBSD (FreeBSD-aarch64-12.0-GENERIC-320146M.img), my impression was that this should work for booting the RPi3B+. Alas, won't go past the rainbow. Didn't find anything in UPDATING or the ilk on it. Obviously not expecting things to behave quite right in some regards, but, should at least be able to kick over to the kernel. Any ideas? I'm guessing something in [FONT=Courier New]config.txt[/FONT]?

Might not be relevant but I've found that sometimes booting halts due to an inadequate power source. Maybe try an alternative...

Also try connecting a serial cable to diagnose the boot process

See https://vzaigrin.wordpress.com/2014...pberry-pi-with-freebsd-using-a-console-cable/

Not the case here.. swapping to a Linux SD results in booting fine. No dice on sercons either; zero output. It's not even making it to kernel to produce sercons output. That's why I'm thinking it's somewhere in the UEFI.

Compared the u-boot pieces between working Linux and non-working FreeBSD and they're the same u-boot version, same files, same checksums aside from the kernel bits and config.txt.

Nope, no dice. Does get past rainbow. However, dead hang with r338914 after loading EFI framebuffer.

In the file .../sys/arm64/include/pte.h - change the 4 to an 8 in this existing line:

Code:
#define        PMAP_MAPDEV_EARLY_SIZE  (L2_SIZE * 4)

Back