Route between the interface is creating issue

Hi all,

I am facing a routing issue for the IPv6-ready logo interoperability 1.5 topology. Please find the attachment of the exact topology map.

As per test setup –
  • Configured REF-Router2 not to transmit a Router Advertisement on Network1. But REF-Router2 is able to transmit a Router Advertisement on Network2 with 2001:db8:ffff:3::/64
  • Configured a static route on TAR-RouterD (Ubuntu) indicating REF-Router2’s link-local address as the next hop for Network2
  • But Ref-Router is not able to route between Network1 and Network2. Due to this ICMPv6 request from TAR-router to the global address of REF-Host2 not working, there is no reply for this ICMPv6 request.
  • Same when I try to transmit an ICMPv6 echo request from REF-HOST2 to the global address of TAR-HOST1 (prefix of TAR-RouterD), no ICMPv6 reply.
  • Within Network1, nodes are able to communicate. But when I try to communicate to Network2 from Network1, it is not working.
Could you please suggest tell me if I am missing something to route the traffic on REF-Router?

I suspect , as there is no Route Advertisement on Interface1 of the Ref-Router, it is not able to route the traffic between the interfaces.

Please help me to find this solution.

Attachments

• 1.5.VendorD.Topology.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 192
Item 1: Can you clarify the router advertisement portion? Are you using something like net/radvd, net/dhcp6, or something else?

Item 3: 2001:db8:ffff:2/64 is the prefix your diagram shows on TAR-HOST1 but 2001:db8:ffff:4/64 is the prefix your Ubuntu and FreeBSD Routers have. You'll have issues hitting something outside of the directly connected subnet with the non-matching setup shown.

Item 4,5: Dumb question, but have you enabled IPv6 routing? What is the output of sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding?

Can you post a netstat -rn or equivalent from each host just so I can see how and if everything matches up to the diagram?

Back