Solved Require OpenGL version 2.1 or later

I am unable to get X.org working with a version of FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE i386 on ThinkPad X220. It works fine using a copy of FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE amd64 on the same machine. Both contain the following in /etc/rc.conf
Code:
kld_list='/boot/modules/i915kms.ko'
pciconf -lv shows:-
Code:
gapci0@pci0:0:2:0:<--->class=0x030000 card=0x21da17aa chip=0x01268086 rev=0x09 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA
AFAICR I used pkg install -y xorg lxde-meta to get X (and lxde-meta) installed. I've also run pkg upgrade on both systems.

I'm using the same ~/.xinitrc when running startx

The failing system has the following msg in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Code:
Require OpenGL version 2.1 or later
Can anyone suggest what I should install?

I am unable to get X.org working with a version of FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE i386 on ThinkPad X220. It works fine using a copy of FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE amd64 on the same machine.
Why are you using a 32 bit version if the 64 bit version actually works? Note that i386 has been demoted to Tier 2 from 13.0 onward.

So, why do you think you need to use the same version on both systems? :-/

On a very old EeePc (32bit-hardware) with a very old intel integrated graphics chip, I recently needed this:
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier "Intel"
        Driver "intel"
        Option "DRI" "1"
EndSection
together with x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel to make it work, but I doubt this applies to your newer chip…

So, why do you think you need to use the same version on both systems? :-/

I have a disk with an i386 installation of FreeBSD which I can use on my ThinkPad T60, but I don't have that machine with me at the moment. If I can use X on this disk on my ThinkPad X220, I guess I will be able to figure what I need to make it work on the older machine.

Back